ADP SBS division is hiring a Software Architect.
In this role, you will be building the RUN product, one of the most important Human Capital Management solutions at ADP and in the world. The goal is to help our customers (Small Business Companies) save time and stay compliant providing them tooling to manage their employees. You will work within a scrum team to bring the designs and ideas to life for new web applications integrated with backend microservices, APIs and other systems.
You will work with product managers, UX, other architects and engineers to plan, design, develop, test, and implement information technology solutions.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Scrums. We'll start each day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, ID any issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- Coding. Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and good coding standards. Your primary responsibility is to deliver features on time.
- Conversations. We don't code in a silo. You'll talk to everyone from the project manager to Quality Assurance and current customers to understand requirements and create a collaborative output.
- Learning. We're always learning new codes and investigating open source communities. Knowing what questions to ask is more important than knowing the right answers.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
You have solid knowledge and experience on:
- Hands-on developing and architecting high-volume systems;
- REST API design and implementation;
- .NET programming (C# , AspNet, AspNet-MVC, WebForms, WCF);
- Backend development with Node.js;
- Event sourcing and distributed message systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, IBM-MQ)
- SQL and NoSQL data stores and polyglot persistence (MongoDB, Redis, MS-SQLServer)
- Knowledge of build tools and dependency management systems like Jenkins, CI/CD Pipelines and TFS/GIT.
- Knowledge of unit and automation testing (i.e. Unit testing, e2e, Jest, react-testing-library, cypress, Xunit, MsTest, Moq, SpecFlow)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
HOW YOU’LL STAND OUT:
- Be responsible for establishing the strategic direction for application development approaches, including tools, processes, and frameworks.
- Provide leadership, technology design expertise, direction, coordination, and consultation in developing, integrating, launching, scaling, and maintaining new and existing (legacy) products and solutions.
- Promote the use of innovative new technology and best practices for product and solution development initiatives.
- Influence and govern current and strategic architectural blueprints.
- Work to Identify key application design patterns and standard application frameworks.
- Work with the other Architect and team leads to understand, document, and discover necessary integrations, looking ahead of the current architectural state and helping SBS prepare for the following challenges.
- Be part of Technical Analysis – analyzing systems, problems, programs, formulating solutions.
- Be part of Technical Design – ensuring that all work undertaken is of sound design and fits in with the existing architecture.
- Participate in gathering requirements and reviews, assesses technical feasibility, assists in defining solutions, and prepares development artifacts where required.
- Conducts code walk through and reviews with team members.
- Monitors changes in technology; remains up-to-date on current industry trends and internal architecture practices, principles, models and standards; trains technical staff on new technologies.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.