ADP is hiring a Senior Data Scientist.
- Does the thought of working with one of the most comprehensive employment data sets excite you?
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you a technologist first and foremost who approaches every problem wearing that hat while going out of your way to champion creativity and build diverse, productive, and engaged teams?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you'll acquire, clean, and analyze large data sets and do exploratory analysis to understand our data and check if it meets project requirements. Moreover, you’ll be developing data products to make predictions and recommendations within ADP products. It's more than digits and dials - you're making huge decisions that impact millions of customers.
To thrive in this career, you should know how to identify errors and reactively fix them. You'll need to have some formal education in quantitative analytics and know design patterns and data structures. You have the skills to create new models using state-of-the-art technologies. You will coach and mentor junior data scientists with different strengths to solve various problems with different methodologies and analyses. Given the scale of our data sets and the complex problems we give you to solve, you will stay challenged and engaged with years of exciting projects ahead—all while growing your skills and progressing in a rewarding career.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
ADP is a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
ADP DataCloud is a powerful solution that encompasses Reporting, Analytics, and Benchmarks, which currently serves more than 50,000 ADP clients and is growing globally. ADP Reporting is a centralized reporting tool that serves dozens of ADP products, ADP Analytics provides our clients with key information and insights about their organizations, and ADP Benchmarks allow companies to see how they measure up against the market using anonymized aggregated data. DataCloud is key to ADP's strategy as it derives value from our most valuable asset: ADP's data, one of the richest and most unique datasets in the world. We are a geo-distributed (US, India, Brazil) team that intensively collaborates to build robust and user-centric solutions.
ADP Labs located in Porto Alegre, Brazil, provides software development and infrastructure for world-wide ADP products, working with large-scale initiatives across multiple geographies, including Brazil, the United States, and India. As an internationally distributed software development team, we are hiring a Data Scientist for the ADP DataCloud team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Advanced Analytics & Predictive Modeling. You formulate analytical problems, extract & analyze data from multiple systems, summarize critical findings/insights, and develop a compelling visual representation of analyses with actionable recommendations.
- Team Collaboration. You're part of a collaborative team, listening to needs, then finding and sharing solutions. You're comfortable and skilled at presenting your projects and findings to both peers and leadership. You collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams to plan, design, develop and deploy high-impact data products supporting multiple products across ADP
- Research & Development. You design and implement start-of-the-art data products, machine learning models, and systems to optimize the HCM system user experience. You continuously looking for new ways to leverage ADP data to create new products and services and find more insights. You are passionate about learning and applying new techniques within data science that leads to innovations.
- Deliver at an epic scale. You write pristine code and documentation, champion and define best practices to produce highly adaptive, high-performing, continuous learning AI models/systems.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Education. You have a bachelor’s degree (OR equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Experience. You have some experience (including both academic and professional) in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
- Communication. You are an advanced English language speaker.
- Technical skills. You have fluency in Python—including popular data science packages (pandas, sklearn, etc.), a strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and methods used for data science and machine learning, and familiarity with natural language processing.
NICE TO HAVE (OPTIONAL):
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or a related field
- Knowledge of generative and embedding models
- Exposure to Databricks platform, MLflow, and/or Jupyter notebooks
- Understanding of data products (recommender systems, classifiers, chatbots, etc.)
- Acquaintance with AWS cloud solutions (S3, Glue, Lambda, SageMaker)
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.