Activities that combine analytical and design skills with adequate knowledge of software and hardware technology, in order to define, design, implement, test and modify computer systems containing software as the main component.
As a member of ADP’s France NAS Implementation team, The Software Engineer’s objective is the accurate and efficient implementation of the solution for the work streams he/she is responsible while understanding the upstream and downstream impacts to the Client's overall human capital management solution.
In collaboration with Administrative Payroll Management project leader in France, the responsibilities consist of drafting detailed specifications and programming in the expected language of application, whilst respecting programming standards, deadlines and quality levels set forth.
- Reading and understanding operational and technical specifications for development;
- Estimating development workload;
- In-app development (enhancements) and customization using Java and internal tools and a custom-built framework;
- Responsible for delivery of new app versions;
- Management of data persistence;
- Collaborating with the R&D department for developing, enhancing and updating the product;
- Programme testing and validation of deliverables as per the functional testing guidelines;
- Performing incident correction following internal or client handover;
- Drafting reports on activities to be issued to management and indicating difficulties (time allocated for each task, technical issues encountered, etc.).
The application domain primarily concerned will be that of administrative payroll management (GAP) in the ADP Link Premium Offer.
The minimum requirements for technical skills are as follows:
- Systems: WINDOWS;
- Languages: JAVA minimum 1 year experience; ORACLE SQL;
- Environment: ECLIPSE (SWT, PLUGIN) – CVS – ANT;
- Minimum experience of 2 years in the post or equivalent required;
- Languages: English mandatory; French oral and written – B1 level – will be a plus.
- Autonomy and proactive: Works are undertaken remotely under ad hoc inspections. It is not necessary to stop development if an incident occurs whilst awaiting the next ad hoc inspection. In the event of any suspension, there should be a diagnosis, call, and proposal;
- Adaptability: Projects and priorities constantly change;
- Involvement and sense of commitment: Principals are clients of major ADP companies and cannot accept any change to deadlines, nor to quality standards;
- Willing to learn French at medium or advanced level;
- Personal effectiveness: analytical spirit and ability to summarise, organised, rigorous, good time management;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of functional payroll considerations would be a plus;
- Excel advanced;
- Higher education.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.