ADP is hiring a Senior Lead Machine Learning Engineer.
- Does the thought of working with one of the most comprehensive employment data sets in the US excite you?
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you will work with teams to apply machine learning to digitally transform our business processes and the client experience of ADP's products and solutions. You will collaborate with our innovative data scientists and software engineers in solving real-world business challenges using advanced machine learning techniques. You'll be accountable for something significant: products that impact people's lives.
No two days are the same. Everyday projects range from deep learning, research & development, algorithm development, natural language processing to ML infrastructure and deployment.
To thrive in this career as a Senior Lead Machine Learning Engineer for the Data Science and Machine Learning team, you will apply your knowledge of designing and implementing scalable and robust Machine Learning systems using languages, frameworks and tooling such as Python, AWS and Databricks. You should have experience building models in the areas such as natural language processing, deep learning, classification algorithms or recommender systems. You'll mentor other team members and help them grow. Our best engineers in this role are independent thinkers and proactive problem solvers, and as a senior lead team member, you will be a role model for these behaviors.
You'll need to have some formal education in Computer Science or a related quantitative field and know design patterns and data structures. You have the skills to leverage existing models or create new models using the technologies above. But given the scale of our data sets and the complex problems we give you to solve, you will stay challenged and engaged with years of exciting projects ahead—all while growing your skills and progressing in a rewarding career.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Collaborate and Build. You will collaborate with engineering and product teams in an Agile environment to identify, design, develop, and deploy advanced Machine Learning solutions. You will contribute to the overall ML architecture, infrastructure, data pipelines, and APIs for our solutions.
- Research & Development. You design and implement start-of-the-art data products, machine learning models, and systems to optimize the HCM system user experience. You are passionate about learning and applying new techniques within machine learning that leads to innovations.
- Deliver at an epic scale. You write pristine code and documentation, champion and define best practices to produce highly adaptive, high-performing, continuous learning AI models/systems.
- Teamwork and mentorship. You will be part of a thriving team, where you give other team members the space to balance the ability to think independently and creatively while also working together as a team. You'll provide mentorship to them get familiar with the team, environment, and resources. Once they are comfortable and confident, you will give them more challenges to take on.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Education. You have a bachelor’s degree (OR equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Experience. You have 8-12 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
- Communication. You are an advanced English language speaker.
- Technical skills. You have fluency in Python—including popular data science packages (pandas, sklearn, etc.), a strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and methods used for data science and machine learning, and familiarity with natural language processing. Experience with AWS cloud solutions (S3, Glue, Lambda, Step, SageMaker) and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
NICE TO HAVE (OPTIONAL):
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or a related field
- Knowledge of generative and embedding models as well as deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch
- Experience with non-relational databases such as NoSQL and Vector databases
- Exposure to Databricks platform, MLflow, and/or Jupyter notebooks
- Understanding of data products (recommender systems, classifiers, chatbots, etc.)
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.