ADP is hiring a Senior Developer (ABAP HCM Payroll)
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it – for our clients and colleagues around the world.
The Senior Software Engineer contributes to this commitment by developing information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions to deliver the maximum value to our clients.
Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
The role of a Senior Software Engineer is to design and implement client's requirements using ADP's Implementation Methodology and the ADP GlobalView product standards. They will prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming and create technical specifications based on these specifications. Implement the client's requirements using technologies such as ABAP/4, SAP Script, Business HTML, Java, according to the design documentation and template guidelines utilizing/creating reusable code that is easily upgrade-able and maintainable.
They will ensure programs are Unit Tested including creating sufficient test data (such as employee master records) to complete scenario testing. Thoroughly document any programs including system documentation (code comments) and online help documentation.
They will support clients through the User Acceptance, Parallel Testing and Go-Live phases. Ensure that all deliverables are created on time and accurately as per project schedule. Debug through complex programs to identify errors and determine reasons for identified problems.
In performing their function, they will adhere to ADP programming guidelines and quality control processes. Assist in designing solutions for programs based on knowledge of system and the ADP GlobalView Template and make recommendations based on best of breed programming methods.
- Provide technical analysis and design of solutions for identified problems and approved enhancements; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle;
- Collaborate with global architects, country architects and support teams;
- To manage own project activities to ensure on-time completion of committed deliverables;
- To adhere to standards for process and methodology, analysis and design, configuration and testing, as well as documentation in all work activities performed;
- To communicate status of projects regularly to ensure no surprises and to proactively address potential roadblocks;
- Contributes to setting the functional strategy for own function.
- Solid SAP/ABAP development skills (SAP Technical Consultant certification would be nice to have);
- Experience with System Integration;
- Experience in HCM/Payroll module;
- High-level skills in OO programming (ABAP HCM);
- SAP Script / Smartform | Adobe programming skills;
- Experience with full-cycle implementations and/or upgrades;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.