ADP is hiring a Senior COBOL Mainframe Developer
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. A global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more, ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
At ADP, we’re not just thinkers, we’re doers. We foster an environment that encourages innovative thinking and putting ideas to the test. We are consistently ranked on Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” and Forbes’ “World’s Most Innovative Companies” lists. In addition, we’re setting the foundation on the Future of Work and the Future of Pay and have many industry-leading professionals and trailblazers leading us into the future. With over 900,000 clients in 140 countries, ADP has the experience and scale to deliver solutions for businesses of all sizes – from small businesses to global enterprise – across all industries.
As a Senior COBOL Developer you would be joining us during a time of transformation and growth in our Compliance Solutions (CoSo) group that touch a range of solutions that include tax, compliance, wage payments, wage garnishments, employment verification, W-2 management and much more. In this role, you will be a key part of the CoSo’s Tax Platform that lays the foundation for the company’s tax compliance products for companies of all sizes. You will have the opportunity to be part of a world class team of engineers and be part of an exciting transformational journey.
We are looking for someone who’s had real world experience in delivering digital products at scale and talk intelligently about the problem statement, benefits, and the “why.” As a Senior COBOL Developer, you not only have a strong command of solution design and software development, but you’re also well versed in IBM mainframe technologies that’s proven with years of maturity to solve some of the biggest problems in the industry. This is a highly visible position that’s responsible for developing innovative, flexible and scalable solutions. In this role, you will make positive contributions to strengthen our product that will allow ADP to continue to be the global HCM & Tax solutions leader.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- You'll start each day with a scrum, working in a team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities while choosing user stories to complete. You will also participate in other agile ceremonies, including scheduled sprint demos, where you will present your work to up to 90 stakeholders.
- Build teams that thrive. As an experienced team player, you want everyone to shine. You'll start each day by checking in with your engineering team to identify priorities and challenges. You'll find a way to make the team's day go smoother. You are constantly looking for ways to share your knowledge, motivate others and keep everyone engaged and productive.
- Build Products. You will use your technical expertise to collaborate your team's work and help people excel in an Agile environment. You're proactive and hands-on. When you see a potential issue, you never leave things hanging and unfinished. When you and your team deliver a finished product, it's as polished as you could make it.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be checking in with a team in India one minute, meeting with leadership to review initiatives for the coming quarter later and tomorrow handling a few ad hoc requests from your peers in other departments.
- Influence and inspire confidence. You are comfortable presenting to senior leaders, product owners, and peers with a compelling voice that you demonstrate through executive presence, leading change, and creating clear executive-level communications on milestone achievements.
- Daily Duties. Develop, maintain, and enhance business applications across products and platforms. Provide timely, specialized technical and/or business knowledge to projects and Service Requests. Under the leadership and tactical supervision of a Resource manager or lead developer collaborate with internal/external clients and project team members to identify user requirements, assess design options, recommend solution options, and execute r Facilitate internal training and knowledge transfer on applications as requested by management. Analyze and recommend system / procedural improvements to increase user productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to be an Innovative thinker, and thinking outside the ‘Box
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- What's more important is having the skills and experience to do the job. To be successful in this role, you'll have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Real world experience working with a wide array of technologies and have delivered scalable, enterprise grade solutions
- Minimum Requirements:
- 5 years mainframe COBOL experience
- 5 years analytical experience
- Experience with MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL, relational databases
- Proficient in multiple data environments including DB2
- Proficient in SPUFI, QMF, ISPF Dialogue Managers, ISPF Edit Macros, DB2 COBOL, SQL, CICS, CLISTs, REXX, IBM utilities, DYL280, INSYNCH and INSYNCH UTILITY functions, ASG VIASOFT a plus, XML SPY a plus, IBM ILOG a plus
- Strong knowledge of mainframe teleprocessing environments such as CICS Command Level
- Experience in Banking ACH/Wire/IAT Transaction processing a plus
- Experience with XML and Electronic Filing a plus
- High proficiency in ChangeMan Source Control
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Oncall application production support experience
- Must be available to work in a 24x7 on-call rotation environment
- Proficient with AGILE and SCRUM methodology and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Mainframe CICS REST Web Service a plus.
- Experience with Mainframe JSON a plus
- Experience with JAVA and AWS technologies is a plus
- Experience in test automation a plus
- Specific Skills:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong application debugging skils
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work closely with other teams members to achieve project goals
- Results and Goal oriented
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.
Base salary offers for this position may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. Some positions may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched 401(k), Student Loan Repayment Program, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more.
The Salary Range for this role is $60,500 to $162,500 /Year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.