ADP is hiring a Principal OpenShift Engineer
Location: Roseland, NJ
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Do you enjoy resolving issues and being the go-to person?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you will possess an excellent understanding of containerization with concentration in OpenShift and EKS. You should have ability to work in an Agile environment collaborating with architects, engineers, developers, testers, and analysts. You will serve as an Engineer as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of multiple OpenShift and EKS Container Platform clusters across multiple environments on-premises and in the cloud. You will support of one of the most critical systems, teaming with other professionals to design, architect, test, install, and deploy solutions based on Red Hat technologies in a hybrid cloud/on-prem environment.
You will be part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the OpenShift Container Platform. You will deploy, administer and support Openshift and EKS Clusters, and Value Added Services on the OpenShift and EKS clusters. You will possess knowledge of CI/CD methodology and tooling. You will have experience with System configuration tools like Ansible. You will possess cluster maintenance and administration experience on OpenShift and Kubernetes. You will manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring). You will check and apply critical patches in OpenShift/Kubernetes. You will troubleshoot issues in OpenShift Clusters, perform Root Cause Analysis and produce reports for critical issues, ensure the availability of OpenShift clusters, and manage OpenShift Management Components and Tenants
To thrive in this career, you will need experience with OpenShift Container Platform and EKS. In addition you should have experience with CI/CD, automation tools and DevOps tools. Our best Engineers are enthusiastic creators and continuous learners who stay current on new technology. They're always looking for new ways to make tools better for our users. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- We'll start every day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- Collaboration and Communication. You'll be the point person for developers and operations when they need to find a solution quickly. You'll listen to their needs, find a solution and share it.
- We're working on products with tech we have never used before. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we'll rely on you to look for a solution.
- We're always learning new codes and investigating open source communities for best practices. Knowing what questions to ask is more important than knowing the right answers.
- Variety of work. Your experience building and supporting large distributed systems in the hybrid cloud space will allow you to balance this role's many priorities. You're the go-to when things go wrong. You're always learning new services in AWS and providing governance in terms of costs and compliance. You'll be paged with production issues and expected to jump in to support those changes as needed.
- You have 8+ years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You'll have a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent
- OpenShift Container Platform: 5+ years minimum
- EKS: 3+ years minimum
- CI/CD: 5 years minimum
- Automation tools such Ansible Automation Platform: 5 years minimum
- DevOps Tools such as Bitbucket,ArgoCD, artifactory
- Agile/Scrum development framework leveraging tools like Jira/Confluence
- Operations experience highly desired
- Leadership experience highly desired
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA
Base salary offers for this position may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. Some positions may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity or commissions. We offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched Retirement Savings, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more. The compensation for this role is $99,900.00 - $267,570.00 / Year
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.