ADP is hiring a Lead Technical Project Manager.
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you will be the person who keeps our team on track and on time for new projects. Working alongside 7 to 14 team members, you remove roadblocks and keep developers coding. Whether it's coaching, cutting meetings short, or auditing the process - you'll do whatever it takes to keep the project moving.
No two days are the same. You will work alongside a team of passionate, creative developers to brainstorm and plan our scrums on whiteboards, communicating with your team or communicating across other functions to avoid potential issues in the project plan. While every day is fast-moving and unpredictable, one thing is sure: people skills are necessary for every aspect of this job.
To thrive in this role, you must understand the software development project lifecycle in an Agile environment have prior project management experience working in scrums or as a scrum master. Ideally, you've managed a project from inception to production at an enterprise level. Our best project managers show initiative, try new things and learn from their mistakes along the way. PMP certification is not required. You must be comfortable enough with code to decipher functions, and a technical coding background will help you be successful. As part of our team, you'll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what's next for ADP and the industry.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Scrums. You'll start each day with a scrum, working with a team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities;
- Coding. Working in two-week agile sprints, you must keep up with timelines and coding standards. Although your primary responsibility is to deliver features on time, you may need to dive in to review code, so your coding background will come in handy and contribute to your success;
- Communications. You're the point of contact for the project. You'll share information with your teammates, mark milestones, and provide metrics and status updates to product owners and project sponsors;
- Organization. As a project manager, you are very organized, and you keep everyone on task. Is a meeting going off-topic? You'll pull the team back to the agenda. Scope creeping? You'll stay on top of the schedule, remove barriers, identify dependencies, and mitigate risks;
- Variety of tasks. There is no typical day. You could coach a teammate, deliver a status update to executives in other departments, or make sure we have deployed our resources in the best possible way. You will manage many competing priorities, so a fast pace should not scare you. You pride yourself on having flexibility and agility and can change directions without a second thought;
- Servant Leadership. Your job is to help everyone else work better. What tasks or issues can you handle so your development team can keep working? What barriers can you remove?;
- Hybrid work. Here at ADP Brazil labs, we are working in a hybrid model (3 times a week in the office - Porto Alegre/RS).
- WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
Experience and Skills:
- Solid experience in leading & managing multiple complex projects in agile environments (both Scrum and Kanban);
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be able to communicate and adapt effectively to different audiences (team, management, executive, business etc);
- Project & Process Management skills, including industry standard project management;
- Experience in Project Management Tools such as Jira, MS SharePoint, Webex and MS Office & Project;
- Experience working with offshore teams and project teams distributed across multiple time zones;
- Proven experience dealing with challenging team members / personnel issues. On occasion you will be co-managing team members when managers are either remote (other countries) or are not directly involved in the project;
- Excellent presentation skills and be able to present project updates in front of small or large groups. Be very competent using tools such as MS PowerPoint;
- Change management experience in a software development environment (Service Now is a plus).
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences or related field: A university degree is great but not required. What's more important is having the skills and experience to do the job;
- PMP certified or equivalent - exceptional foundation project management skills. Must be able to demonstrate a full understanding of the product development and release management life cycles;
- Certified Scrum Master - be able to demonstrate and show previous experience running agile project teams.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity;
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes;
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft;
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation;
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA)
O modelo de trabalho adotado pela ADP é office based/presencial, com a possibilidade de trabalho em home-office por até duas vezes na semana.
Considerando que as atividades desempenhadas pelos ocupantes deste cargo envolvem acesso a informações altamente confidenciais e sensíveis de clientes da ADP e de seus respectivos empregados, a ADP reserva-se o direito de conduzir checagem de histórico, de tempos em tempos, conforme autoriza o Incidente de Recurso de Revista Repetitivo nº 01 do Tribunal Superior do Trabalho, mediante consentimento do candidato/trabalhador.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.