ADP is seeking a Senior Application Developer.
The position of a Senior Application Developer provides creative, technical and hands on expertise to implement high impacting solutions for the ADP Vantage HCM product. The ideal candidate has strong aptitude to deliver results, meeting deadlines and creating high quality out of the box solutions. This is a hands-on development role and will provide an opportunity to work with modern technology stack.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies.
- Develop software applications solutions for ADP’s external and internal clients and be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Work closely with the ADP Vantage HCM Product Owner and Scrum Master to review the use case scenarios for the feature functionality for development, modularizing and breaking down the work to provide incremental releases to the client. Plan the software release of the functionality working closely with the development leader.
- Participate and collaborate with other stakeholders, including system reliability engineering (SRE), security, quality assurance, training, project management, engineering, hosting, and procurement teams to develop software solutions.
- Design architecture related to the ADP Vantage HR/Payroll but not limited to and develop according to the ADP Enterprise Architecture principles or get approval thereof.
- Ability to design, code, and unit/functional test software on a predefined schedule using technologies, techniques, and tools to ensure high quality, performance, secure, scalable and reliable software is implemented
- Proficiency in Software Engineering using SOA, Event Driven framework, Spring framework and others
- Proficiency with Oracle 12, 11g / PL-SQL and no SQL DBs
- Provides accurate estimate of time needed to complete work and solid track record of meeting deliverables
- Effective negotiator with solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Weekend Deployment testing and support and any production support during the week from 9AM-9PM ET as called upon.
- Solid decision making, creativity, out of the box thinking and results oriented track record
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience working with Integration frameworks is a must, Spring, Web 2.0 technologies including AJAX, JSON, Web Services, XML, SQL Stored Procedure
- Tenacious, problem-solver, with a passion for delivery
- Experience working with RDBMS; preferably Oracle 12 and/or SQL server, and no SQL Databases like MongoDB
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work both independently and interdependently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Microservices architecture, Docker and Kubernetes, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using webservices SOAP, WSDL, Restful, JAX-WS, OpenAPI including Java and AngularJS
- Unit testing frameworks including JUnit and Jest
- DevOps and automated change management through Jenkins or Ansible
- Monitoring tools such as Splunk, Pendo, Kibana etc.
- Cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, EKS etc.
- Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.