Team: Lifion – Client Expert Support
Position Title: Release Specialist
Reporting To: Manager — Client Expert Support
- As part of ADP’s Lifion programme, this position is a key member of the Client Support Team, providing release-related support for ADP’s next generation HCM products. The role involves scheduling & deploying product upgrades for our clients and coordinating with multiple stakeholders including Development teams, Client Success managers & Support teams.
- The ideal candidate should be a detail oriented and systematic worker. They should have a strong understanding of technology, with exposure to an Agile software development environment. They should have a persistent desire to keep up to date in a constantly changing product space. They should have the mindset to take complete ownership of the release process; proactively track upcoming releases, make contact with stakeholders for sign-off and pre-empt hurdles to a specific release and plan around them. Finally, they should identify the scope for improvement to their own processes, the product and the business’ existing release methodology.
Key Responsibilities :
- Works on building an efficient release process.
- Deploys technical applications and updates across the entire client base.
- Works with Development teams to coordinate, plan, and monitor release programs while communicating status to all levels of the organization
- Plans and leads release status review meetings with Development and Client Success teams to discuss status updates, manage risks and handle dependencies
- Works with Client Success, Implementation and Support teams to lead all change management activities based on release priority and client activity to ensure timely releases
- Conducts post-release reviews and RCAs to highlight, track and resolve release and deployment issues.
- Prepares documents to manage key information such as build schedule and release procedures, dependencies and possible issues.
- Reviews technical release notes to validate software deliveries. Notify support of upcoming releases with major functionality changes or bug fixes.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles (preferably Agile development)
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Experience in domains HR, Payroll Processing, Benefits and/or Time
- Proficiency in JIRA or similar issue tracking product.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of concepts like AWS, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Couchbase Server, Docker is an advantage. Familiarity with SQL is a bonus.
- Be a self-starter who can take ownership, prioritize tasks, set realistic expectations and manage deadlines and eventually take on leadership responsibilities.
- Must be flexible with work timings, with the majority of work occurring during or after US business hours.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.