The Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for the design, planning and execution of major data science and analytics initiatives which span the enterprise and drive measurable business outcomes.
Their focus will on development, validation and business adoption of statistical and machine learning models to identify trends within structured, semi-structured and time-series data; all heavily leveraging our existing big data infrastructure, making use of leading edge analytical approaches.
This individual will be a senior member of the Data Insight team, a highly collaborative team, which provides data science and deep analytics expertise to solve the most challenging business problems here at ADP.
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- 5+ years of progressive experience building statistical and machine learning models
- Demonstrated experience working within a Big Data environment (Hadoop, Hive, SQL)
- Experience developing ML classification, regression models using Python and/or Scala
- Experience working with structured, semi-structured and time-series data to build models.
- Knowledge of R and Tableau are also preferred.
- Ability to translate complex mathematical results and findings for executive audience
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with a reasonable degree of independence
- Ability to effectively manage time to handle competing high priority projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define how analytics solution will be constructed: which existing will be integrated, how they will be integrated and what gaps in capability need to be filled.
- Serves as design authority at a project level by understanding the business goals and technology constraints and designing appropriate solutions that create measurable impact to business.
- Extract, merge, clean and normalize large-scale data from disparate sources in preparation for exploratory data analysis, model building and validation — within a big data environment.
- Develop, validate ML classification, regression models using Python or similar in order to directly answer business needs, and to positively impact business operations.
- Prepare appropriate data visualizations and presentations to highlight findings and recommendations for both a technical and executive audience.
- Promote a unified approach leveraging existing data sets and efforts while also ensuring collaboration throughout the organization to ensure adoption and common standard approach
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders across the enterprise in order to drive business actions and outcomes based on results of your analysis.
- Apply good business and financial acumen to create and assess business cases.
- Implement appropriate mechanisms to track, measure the business impact of your work.
Education & Certification:
Advanced degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Computer Science required.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.