The Database Engineer is a role that relentlessly engineers, simplifies, and automates solutions that efficiently support growth and enable ADP to accelerate innovation. Database engineers maintain end to end accountability for the database platforms, Requirements thru support. They maintain key relationships with all stakeholders (Internal to the team, Customers/Development Teams, Engineering partners, and Vendors) to ensure they are providing the highest quality of service at the best cost.
Database Engineers are expected to be results-oriented, have knowledge of new and legacy technologies, have knowledge of the relevant platforms and environments, and be familiar with the business process, functions and data within their domain to provide innovative, insightful and secure solutions in a highly agile work environment.
* Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration for production and non-production environments.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders (Product Managers, Architects, Developers, Service Managers, and Scrum Masters) to gather requirements and engineer solutions that meet business need and in alignment with the overall vision.
* Continually automate routine operational database tasks and provide the customers with options to self-service their requirements.
* Develop highly available Database systems that can sustain operational and disaster scenarios.
* Eliminate technical debt across Database infrastructure.
* Research, recommend and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies partnering with development partners and other subject matter experts.
* Optimize the database infrastructure by proactively gathering necessary metrics to analyze and forecast the DB resources and minimize or eliminate any database related impact.
* Be the database subject matter expert/partner for the development teams and work with them to ensure the database is always performing at the best possible levels.
* Create efficiencies by identifying and providing solutions that automate all aspects of planning, provisioning, and maintaining Database infrastructure.
* Frequently is a liaison between vendors, developers, clients, infrastructure engineers and management. Enhances customer service and relationships with clients.
* Subject Matter Expertise:
* In depth knowledge in Data Modeling/Data Architecture, Database infrastructure Architecture, Design, and implementation for RDBMS, NO SQL and Big Data technologies.
* 5-10 years of experience in Database technologies (MongoDB/Postgres) and/or caching technologies (Elasticsearch/Redis).
* 5-10 years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available DB environments.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or IT or equivalent required.
* Expert in Backup/restore, disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, and implementation.
* Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
* Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, Operating systems and storage subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
o Expert in one or more areas of performance tuning, Backup and Recovery, High Availability, data replication, and automation, related to one or more database technologies.
o Prior experience in implementing/managing database systems in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure).
* Problem Solving:
o All candidates must demonstrate a strong ability for problem solving.
o Self-motivated and able to manage a portfolio of products with little direction.
* Project Management:
o Experience working in an agile SCRUM environment
o Expert level background in automation using one or more development tools like Shell, Python, Ansible, C, Java, Perl or equivalent tools/languages
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.