ADP’s DataCloud is searching for a hands-on Principal Big Data Admin to join our high-performance Big Data Platform DevOps team. The successful candidate will have a strong command of working with AWS services and Big Data tools, working side-by-side with our Architecture & Application Development teams. This is a senior position responsible for managing support queue for data engineers, data scientists and business users, and driving the automation and adoption of DevOps processes in the Cloud. The candidate is expected to have experience in operating and administering a big data platform and/or AWS cloud services.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We’re building the next generation of ADP technologies.
Things You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Developers, Data Scientists and System Engineers to understand functional and non-functional requirements
- Support the tools and technologies that are part of the Big Data Platform
- Be responsible for monitoring and executions of the data engineering workflows
- Design and implement extensions to our existing DevOps and CI/CD tools
- Design, implement and drive the adoption of containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Design, implement and drive the adoption of cloud solutions (AWS)
- Create new solutions in order to push the boundaries of our automation capabilities
- Generate proper designs, diagrams and documentation of the implemented solutions
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to other team members
- Use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to organize project deliverables, to track and to report progress
- Support software operations, test and debug programs, both in Lab and Production environments
- 12+ years of experience with high performing IT projects
- 5+ years of hands-on experience delivering robust DevOps solutions
- Strong experience in maintaining Big Data technologies and infrastructure like EMR, Hadoop, Databricks, MPP databases, Snowflake, Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Airflow, Step Functions
- Expert in DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, CloudFormation/Terraform, or similar)
- Experience with Configuration Management concepts tools and implementations (Chef, Puppet, BakerCM, or similar)
- Strong experience with application telemetry, monitoring and alerting solutions (Splunk, CloudWatch, Flowdock, or similar)
- Strong experience with Cloud solutions i.e. AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, EKS, Fargate, RDS)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong programming skills in Python (or equivalent)
- Strong programming skills with Linux Schell scripts i.e. Bash or similar
- Strong Experience with networking (HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, Firewall, VPN, Routing and Load Balancing)
- Strong Experience with Linux and open source software
- Programming skills on other languages i.e. Groovy, Java, PHP, NodeJs or others
- Experience with code-quality and automated testing (Sonar, Junit, Selenium or similar)
- Experience with markup languages (JSON, XML, YAML)
- Experience with API standards (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MongoDb, Redis)
- Good understanding of agile development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications like AWS Certified SysOps Administrator desirable
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
We believe in good faith that compensation for a successful candidate based in Colorado would be between the range listed below
Compensation: $84,700/Year – $128,725/Year (CO Only)
In the state of Colorado, we are offering the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Compensation range for this role for U.S. Colorado Residents:
- Range minimum: $112,000/Year (CO only)
- Range maximum: $170,240/Year (CO Only)
- Compensation type: Salary