The HR Innovation & Analytics team is responsible for transforming Human Resources with science, technology, and human intelligence. We work to increase data driven insights to assist our leaders in making better people decisions to add value through improved business outcomes or a better Associate Experience.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help us build a modern data platform to support a wide range of HR analytics and machine learning models. With a broad mandate to experiment and explore, the demand for quality HR data is growing at a very fast pace and will provide you endless opportunities to innovate and enable our teams to answer the many business critical questions being asked. In this role, you will support the design, execution and ongoing support of the ADP HR Data Lake, operating in an agile delivery method in collaboration with various teams from across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Design and Implementation of Next Generation Data Platform
- Implement data management capabilities to operationalize the next generation data platform
- Analyze business requirements, design logical data models and system functions, produce data architecture design documentation and technical specifications, to enable business stakeholder self-service analytics.
- Build scalable data models to support enterprise level integrations/reporting/analytics.
- Analyze and document source to target data mappings for current movements.
- Ensure the data lake / warehouse is compliance with business policies and industry standard best practices regarding data security.
- Use analytic tools such as Tableau and SAS for through data analysis and visualization and be more predictive i.e. identify potential data conditions that will pose a risk.
- Influence the stake holder / scrum team and inspire their confidence.
- Strong team collaboration across Business / IT / 3rd Party Partners to design and implement data integrations to support business requirements.
- Provide data integration subject matter expertise during planning sessions.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle from requirements, technical design to development, testing and deployment of high-quality data, business analytics and reporting solutions.
- Maintain ETL/Data integration agile management stories with delivery to dates.
- Meets performance parameters; communicating directly with the team to resolve and escalates integration issues; documents operational procedures and data connections.
- Off hours and on call production support may be required
- Bachelors or master’s degree from an accredited university or college in related field of study or equivalent education and/or experience required.
- 5 or more years of experience in data management
- HR data management experience a plus
- Possess a strong understanding of and solution design/implementation of the following:
- Data management capabilities.
- ETL development
- Solution Architecture.
- Knowledge in AWS is preferred.
- AWS Redshift, Glue and/or Lambda
- Data Warehouse methodologies
- Relational & Dimensional Design concepts
- Strong data analysis & analytical problem-solving skills
- Data Profiling and Information Quality Strategies
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Ability to execute tasks management to balance support and development
- Ability to communicate & interact well with others
- Self-motivated: Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging technology
- Experience integrating with multiple disparate technologies
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.