ADP is hiring a Senior Backend Developer.
Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
As a Senior Backend Developer, you are an innovative thinker with a “can-do” attitude. You will work with teams across the company to leverage technologies that support our backend applications. Your work can include new features, enhancements, and resolving defects for web, mobile, and IoT solutions. Those things are important because our products impact people’s lives.
Every day, you’ll be coding and asking questions that clarify scalability and user challenges. You will be part of an Agile environment working with a team of talented engineers, product owners, and stakeholders continually developing, deploying, and testing application software.
To be successful in this role, you must know how to create functional, maintainable, and scalable code in an object-oriented fashion. You have real-world experience solving business problems and thrive in a fast-paced, Agile environment where you can quickly change direction when needed. You are happy to do hands-on coding and development in Java alongside a team of coders. Your experience allows you to act as a mentor to junior developers. Our best leaders are great communicators and passionate creators who stay current on the latest technologies. They’re always looking for new ways to provide more business value and return on investment while growing their careers.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- We’ll start each day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, ID any issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and good coding standards. Your primary responsibility is to deliver features on time.
- We don’t code in a silo. You’ll talk to everyone from the project manager to Quality Assurance and current customers to understand requirements and create a collaborative output.
- We’re always learning new codes and investigating open source communities. Knowing what questions to ask is more important than knowing the right answers.
May require occasional overtime to meet production support SLAs and project timelines.
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills and experience to do the job.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Prior experience that would give you extra comfort in the role includes:
- Senior level knowledge in the following:
- JS, Microservices and REST API development
- Python and Conda Linux and Tomcat
- JSON documents and JSON Schemas
- Full software life cycle (SDLC) — develop/test/build/deploy/etc.
- Unit testing, System testing, and integration testing
- Git Based Version Control
- Object-oriented programming and applying design patterns and practices
- Understanding of Java architecture.
- Supporting Java applications
- Analyzing log files, researching errors, managing security, configuring database connections, etc
- SQL and NoSQL Databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or similar
- Intermediate knowledge of the following:
- CI/CD pipelines (AWS preferred)
- Test-Driven Development
- Domain-Driven Design concepts
- Testing automation frameworks such as Selenium, Katalon, and Cucumber
- Agile development with Scrum Practices, usage of tools like JIRA, Confluence
- AWS services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, S3, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kinesis, Splunk
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.