ADP is hiring a Senior Developer
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
As a Backend developer, you are an innovative thinker with a "can-do" attitude. You will work with teams across the company to leverage technologies that support our backend applications. Your work can include new features, enhancements, and resolving defects for web, mobile, and IoT solutions. Those things are important because our products impact people’s lives.
Every day, you’ll be coding and asking questions that clarify scalability and user challenges. You will be part of an Agile environment working with a team of talented engineers, product owners, and stakeholders continually developing, deploying, and testing application software.
To thrive in this coding career, you must know how to create functional, maintainable, and scalable code in an object-oriented fashion. You should be efficient and knowledgeable in Java, working alongside a team of coders in various project roles. You should also know how to use SpringBoot and have database experience. Our best backend developers are passionate creators and proactive problem solvers who stay current on new technologies. They’re always looking for new ways to make tools better for our users. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- We’ll start each day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, ID any issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and good coding standards. Your primary responsibility is to deliver features on time.
- We don’t code in a silo. You’ll talk to everyone from the project manager to Quality Assurance and current customers to understand requirements and create a collaborative output.
- We’re always learning new codes and investigating open source communities. Knowing what questions to ask is more important than knowing the right answers.
- You have 2-5 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
- Prior experience that would give you extra comfort in the role includes:
- Server-side frameworks such as JSP, JSF, and Spring
- Restful and SOAP-based web services
- Microservices architecture
- Standard internet technologies such as HTML5, AngularJS
- Mobile software development such as Amazon’s AWS.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.