Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world’s largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes’ "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld’s "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
The Principal Architect is responsible for providing leadership, technology design expertise, direction, coordination, and consultation, in the development, integration, launch, scaling, and maintenance of new and existing products and solutions for ADP’s "Workforce Now" product, a Human Capital Management system that provides Payroll, Human Resources (HR), Time Management, and Benefits Administration applications for clients with 50 — 4,000 employees. In this key position we seek an Architect to promote use of innovative new technology and best practices as well as guide and provide leadership to development team.
- Influence and govern current and strategic architectural blueprints.
- Promote architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency aligned with business strategy.
- Identify key application design patterns and standard application frameworks.
- Guide initiatives to align with the overall application portfolio and core platform blueprint and manage the evolution of the application portfolio.
- Provide design directives to software developers, including how to construct and integrate software to meet all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Describe fine-grained components, application programming interfaces and frameworks (development and runtime) of a system based on solution requirements.
- Establish the strategic direction for solution design, build, deployment approaches, process, pattern, and frameworks.
- Select application development platform technologies and tools.
- Serve as design authority at a project level by understanding the business goals and technology constraints and designing appropriate solutions that map to the organization’s enterprise architecture.
- Define how a solution will be constructed and which existing Solution Building Blocks will be integrated, how they will be integrated and what gaps in capability need to be filled.
- Leverage the most value from existing investments but commissions new solution building blocks as necessary.
- Review implementation to confirm they conform with enterprise guidelines, patterns, and security.
- 10+ years of Software Architecture Experience.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD), Microservices architecture, Containerization, Design Patterns, API Design, and System Integrations.
- Proficient with Java/JEE technologies, Kafka, Reactive Patterns, Hibernate, SpringBoot, Docker, AWS, Git.
- Hands-on experience with Spring-boot and Spring integrations.
- Experience with cloud native tools, patterns, and frameworks.
- Experience with APM solutions (Dynatrace) and log mining tools (Splunk, ELK).
- Experience as a mentor, team lead, influencing others, or related leadership experience.
- Extensive experience doing design and code reviews and providing guidance to development teams.
- Experience working on an Agile Environment with great collaboration skills.
- Ability to Define and Document APIs in accordance with the ADP standards and work with different groups to publish the APIs.
- Experience researching various approaches, doing proof-of-concepts, assessing pros and cons, and presenting viable fit-for-purpose designs.
- Exposure to software driven automation, reference patterns, architecture by code.
- Experience in making informed decisions about capacity, reliability, scalability of software components and underlying infrastructure.
- Knowledge of operating systems, networks, database, and system integration technologies.
- Ability to establish relationships with business, IT leaders and technology subject matter experts.
- Ability to lead and work closely with different teams, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate advance problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with technical and non-technical personnel at all levels.
- Experience in application development and agile is required.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.