ADP is hiring a Principal Front-End Developer
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will help our customers interface with cutting edge time products. In this position, you will be a part of the development scrum team responsible for creating and maintaining Next Generation products to support ADP’s clients all over the world in an agile environment. Put on your customer centric design thinking hat, ensuring development of features in the product are in line with the overall roadmap and vision.
Every day, you will create versatile code and solutions that work for multiple channels and devices of any size. Whether it’s on mobile or desktop, across payroll or HR, you’ll create accessible, functional, scalable, and highly performing code for people all around the world. From concept to code, you’ll spend your days brainstorming, whiteboarding, designing, and coding features, as well as supporting businesses that employ anywhere from one to millions of employees.
You fit right in with our best developers who are enthusiastic, creative, collaborative, accountable, motivated, and enjoy staying current on new technologies. You’ll always be looking for new ways to improve and create better experiences for our users. As part of our team, you’ll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what’s next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- You’ll start every day with a scrum, working with your team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- You’ll work with UX, designers, and developers using a whiteboard to create the best experiences for the end-user.
- Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with deadlines and coding standards.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be working on anything from migrations, production defects, designs, UX to delivering new features, product enhancements, or creating new services.
- You’re always learning new technologies and processes with tools such as Udemy and other training courses, conferences ADP offers, and operating with a “learn as you go” approach with a willingness to figure out new ways of doing things.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
- 8+ years of recent professional front end software development experience (not freelance / hobby experience)
- Solid understanding of fundamental programming concepts
- Solid understanding of testing concepts and automated testing experience using Jasmine, Jest, or similar BDD testing framework
- Angular 4+ experience using Typescript or ES2015+
- Familiar with Web Components (Stencil, Polymer, Angular Elements)
- Familiar with HTML5, CSS3, and SASS or LESS, responsive design
- Experience with reactive programming concepts and RxJS
- Experience with automated browser testing using Protractor, Selenium, Cypress, PlayWright etc
- Experience facilitating code reviews, code quality checks
- Experience working with Product Owners to plan future work for the team
- Experience collaborating with UX using Design Systems
- Eagerness to experiment with new technologies and innovative ways to solve problems
- Passion for developing high quality, well tested code
- Familiar with micro frontends
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.