ADP is hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you passionate about automation with a background in full-stack development?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE FOR CANDIDATES IN THE US.
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will build innovative and flexible cloud solutions for the automation, execution, and implementation of processes that deliver products more quickly to market across ADP’s cloud-based payroll, tax, HR, and benefits solutions, while keeping them highly reliable and available.
No two days are the same. As part of a systems reliability team, you’re the first one they call from an operations standpoint to understand why an app is down. In this hands-on role, you’ll work side-by-side with the architecture and product development to design and implement CI/CD pipelines and Cloud initiatives. Every day will require you to be agile, adaptable, and fluid.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need experience creating, executing, or troubleshooting end-to-end automation scripts for the cloud. You should feel confident running the process end-to-end. You are also confident migrating data and managing change within an organization. You have come up through the ranks as a full-stack engineer and are passionate about automation.
You have experience writing the code and building fully automated, highly elastic, cloud-orchestrated platforms over various IaaS providers like AWS, GCE, and/or Azure, or using on-premises solutions like ICP (IBM Cloud Private). Expert-level skills in Python and Groovy are necessary, and some experience with Java/JVM, the Spring Ecosystem, Service Mesh/Istio, Hashicorp Vault, etc. You should also possess significant experience with Cloud (AWS, EKS RDS), Containerization (K8S), Orchestration (Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Helm Charts), Clustering, CICD tools, etc. Our best engineers excel at collaborating with Application Architects, Developers, Data Scientists, and System Engineers. You’ll be accountable for something significant: the uncompromising quality of products that impact people’s lives.
- Responsible for heads-down, back-end development using Java, developing operational components,
- Identify key priority initiatives to significantly improve reliability, both proactively and reactively.
- Provide leadership and direction to GPT System/Site Reliability Engineers and Software Engineers to define and implement sustainable and scalable solutions.
- Publish After Action Reviews which are timely and clearly understood by technical and business personnel, include accurate root causes and concrete follow-up items with clear owners.
- Design and implement stability and reliability best practices and proactive solutions to potential issues by collaborating with GPT partners.
- Define, track, review and report on Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Service Level Indicators (SLIs), System Availability, and the progress and outcomes related to reliability initiatives.
- Mitigate further impact and risk to ADP and our clients.
- Understand and explain incident situations, recovery and plans to prevent recurrence to business stakeholder and clients.
- Summarize complex technical issues into concise recaps for ADP associates and client leaders.
- Assume an advisory role to ensure emergency changes adhere to a defined policy.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders both in and outside of ADP.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet requirements. Acts as a lead within the team and is jointly accountable for coaching and mentoring with Manager of other team members.
- 8-12+ years of experience in software development, DevOps, SRE experience.
- 5-8+ years of software development experience using Java.
- Solid understanding of cloud software, infrastructure, integration and operational ecosystems and product knowledge.
- Solid experience in agile methodology and program/portfolio management
- Capable of decision making and leadership without oversight.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Systematic problem-solving approach. Consistently offers recommendations to technical teams based on historical events, personal experience, and knowledge.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- We’ll start every day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- Collaboration and Communication. You’ll be the point person for developers and operations when they need to find a solution quickly. You’ll listen to their needs, find a solution and share it. You’re comfortable presenting to leadership everything from system designs to new ideas for technology to production incidents.
- Code Review. Working in three-week sprints, you’ll ensure that developer code runs through automation scripts with no errors and can automate scale for demand.
- CI/CD. You’ll be part of the team that designs and implements extensions to our existing DevOps and CI/CD tools to help usable products get to market faster through accurate automation.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You will support engineers, checking if something is not working and writing the code it takes to fix it. You must be nimble, adaptable, and flexible.
- You’re comfortable working on products with tech never used before. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we’ll rely on you to look for a solution. Fail fast, fail safely.
- Experience. You have 8-12 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
BONUS POINTS FOR THESE:
- You’ll have a bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
- Certifications in AWS/Cloud & K8S/Containers would give you extra comfort in the role.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions.
If you are a salaried or hourly worker who works an average of 32 hours or more hours per week, we offer the following benefits:
•Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched 401(k), Student Loan Repayment Program, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more.
Min $84,700 Max $128,725
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Compensation range for this role for U.S. Colorado Residents:
- Range minimum: $84,700
- Range maximum: $128,725
- Compensation type: Salary