ADP is hiring a Senior Director of UX Design System
Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you empathic to client needs and committed to leveraging research to create elegant, easy-to-use experiences?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
As the Head of UX for the ADP Design System, you will own and evolve the vision for Design at one of the largest software companies on the planet: ADP. The ADP Design System delivers a broad set of foundations, components, patterns, and best practices to thousands of talented professionals crafting and delivering amazing experiences to our hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of millions of users. If you like your work to be leveraged on the largest of scales, read on!
You will play a strategic role creating the vision, designing, and continuously expanding the ADP Design System. Our goal is to equip our design, product, and engineering partners with a system that enables them to move faster with more confidence.
You will guide a design team and craft quality, cohesive solutions that are inclusive, scalable, and useful to a broad set of teams. You will help steward our commitment to accessibility, ensuring that everyone can use our products regardless of their abilities. You’ll employ your great strengths in storytelling to present your vision and product design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the wider team.
While working with partners to determine a shared plan forward that balances business and technology considerations, you will create and champion an experience that is highly engaging and usable and deliver amazing design with your team. You will build relationships with your product and engineering partners to evangelize the power of our design vision and further embed it across the organization.
To thrive in this role, you should love understanding the problem just as much as you do crafting an elegant solution. As with any role in UX design, you will have challenges that should inspire you to create something better, not weigh you down.
We’re looking for an out-of-the-box thinker with a hunger to try new things and a passion for impact. You’ll be accountable for something significant: the uncompromising quality of solutions that impact people’s lives.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
What You’ll Do:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- Inspire. You bring a powerful vision and strong point of view on design. You are equally adept at articulating your vision to inspire others as you are making decisive design decisions at the most granular level. You know when to innovate and when to leverage what already works.
- Nurture. You are an approachable, trusted leader, adept at hiring, coaching, and growing amazing design talent. You enjoy sharing your experience and insights and feel comfortable diving in and proactively helping your team. You effectively delegate to your team and support each person in their unique career journey. You understand the needs of the business and work with the cross-functional team to prioritize, plan, and assign work accordingly. You understand your team’s abilities and assign work to the those with the right skills or growth opportunities to ensure the team consistently delivers value.
- Drive. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment and seek out the satisfaction of delivering real outcomes that help our users crush their jobs.
- Lean. You bring both your experience and understanding of lean UX and design sprint methodology to the role. We work in an agile environment, and you will be responsible for adapting and influencing a Lean/Agile approach to design. You seek to deliver value quickly and leverage your close partnership with engineering to iterate rapidly based on feedback from product teams.
- Scale. You embrace the opportunity to not just deliver a design system, but to help solve problems for hundreds of designers, thousands of developers, hundreds of thousands of customers, and tens of millions of users; all built with ever-evolving technologies.
- Leverage. You seek out and embrace design expertise and deliverables from across the UX organization, to scale the growth and impact of the design system. You incorporate insights from other design systems and feedback from client users into each iteration of work. Understanding the problem through user research will help you deliver the right solution. You are passionate and adept at spotting User Experience trends and turning them into enterprise recommendations.
- Partner. You partner and collaborate effectively with Research, Product Design, Product Management, and both Product and Design System Engineering. You understand what the product and design system teams need to be successful and keep everyone apprised of what you’ve delivered, how to use it, and what’s coming next.
- Facilitate Discussion. Your communication skills are vital to your success as a UX leader, whether in discussions with designers, engineers, product managers, or peers. Being vocal in your craft and effective at explaining why you hold your point of view is critical to this role.
- If you have 7 years experience leading teams of cross-functional designers and design managers and at least 3 years of design system experience, we can consider other locations including Remote.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.