ADP is hiring a Lead Full Stack Java Developer.
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will work within a scrum team to bring the designs and ideas to life for new or improved web applications. This work will support a mix of internal and external clients, and you will be working on projects currently in production.
You will start your day on a scrum call to prioritize and track work. Within the team you work on, you will choose user stories to work within a sprint cycle. You will spend most of your day developing and testing your code. Every five weeks, you will be involved in the release activities.
As a Lead Developer, you will work closely with your team to lead and guide projects to success. You’ll have a hands-on role designing, developing, debugging, and deploying software solutions where you can leverage your expertise with code complexities. You’ll also serve as a mentor to the junior developers. In the senior role, you will balance the assigning of user stories through prioritization and consideration of the technical interests of each developer on the team. As part of our team, you’ll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what’s next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- Agile. You’ll start each day with a scrum, working in a team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities while choosing user stories to complete. You will also participate in other agile ceremonies, including scheduled sprint demos, where you will present your work to up to 90 stakeholders.
- Development. Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and coding standards. Most of your daily schedule will be software development, but you will also test your code before submitting it to QA for final testing. You won’t just focus on development in this role. You will also be responsible for testing and deployment.
- Continuous Learning. You will attend “lunch and learn” sessions to actively collaborate with other developers to share ideas or show what you’ve learned. An eagerness to learn will help you keep up with ever-changing technologies and maintain the ability to create the best tools for our clients.
- You’re working on products currently in use. Those who report to you will act as a point of contact for one day/week, supporting your clients for any urgent issues requiring resolution. You may also have this responsibility. If so, you’ll start those days with your regular work activity but will have to switch gears to a support role as needed throughout your assigned support day.
- You have 8-12 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.