ADP is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Do you thrive in a challenging environment, love production systems, curious by nature with a thirst for pushing the limits?
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of software engineers to create microservice features for Lifion by ADP’s Human Capital Management software platform. You will write code, test code, write automated test cases and ensure timely and accurate delivery of products. No two days are alike. You will work alongside a team of intelligent and creative engineers to complete sprints identified during scrum meetings. You’ll collaborate with product owners to see their vision, and then you’ll spend your days building out that vision in new features and upgrades to our products.
To thrive in this role, you need experience developing software for clients at scale. Expert-level experience with Node.js or GoLang is also helpful. Most of all, you need a problem-solving mindset. Our best engineers are creative thinkers, continually seeking new ways to help our customers work smarter, not harder. And when you do something well, you share it with others so they can learn. As a software engineer, you contribute to the foundation of our company and be accountable for something significant: the uncompromising quality of a product that impacts people’s lives.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about us: ADP’s Lifion team works on our award-winning Next Generation HCM platform. ADP is a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- You’ll start every day with a daily standup, working with your team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities. Our software engineers make critical design decisions and collaborate with team members in the process.
- Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with deadlines and coding standards. Tools could include Node.js, GoLang, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon SQS, Amazon Neptune, and others.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be solving tough problems such as fault tolerance, reliability, scalability, availability, throttling, queueing, and more, then working with teams in other locations one minute, meeting with leadership to review initiatives the next.
- You’re always learning new technologies and processes with tools such as Udemy and other training courses, conferences, and operating with a “learn as you go” approach with a willingness to figure out new ways of doing things. If you’re truly stuck on something, you can collaborate with a teammate to get it resolved quickly
- You’re comfortable working on products with tech we haven’t used before. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we’ll rely on you to look for a solution.
- You have 2-5 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.